SCREWED BY WALMART! I HATE WALMART!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE! Walmart just issued a full refund & e-mailed me a copy! Good customer service but very poor vetting of vendors that must cost them a bunch of $$$.

Post about buying 2 Evercross H5 electric scooters $299ea from Walmart. I got a USPS tracking # & due today. They were shipped from RI on Tuesday but ended up in Oshkosh WI & today in Rhinelander WI at the top of the state. I called the local post office & was told it was a 3rd party scam from a Walmart supplier & happens often. She said the package weighs 2oz. I called Walmart & they said they'd investigate it. So my cash is tied up & looks like a big hassle. Nowhere on Walmarts ad did it say it was not shipping from a Walmartt warehouse so BE WARNED!
This happened to me with a 12v fridge/freezer I bought on eBay. They kept trying to screw around with me to delay me past the amount of time where I could file a complaint and get the payment canceled. They even shipped something (from China to a completely different part of the USA) to drag out the time even more. Eventually I stopped communicating with them and started working with eBay instead. They took less than 48 hours to "investigate" and issued a full refund immediately when they were done investigating.

Walmart fixed it pretty fast but Amazon just did 2 holds for the same item so I just got off the phone with them. No customer service anymore except Consumer Cellular. they have Great service!

I've had reasonable luck with Amazon but you do need to be really careful about the quantity you're promised. It's amazing how many quasi-scam offers there are, where you see the price and figure it must be a case of them, and then in the fine print it says you'll be paying $52 for One bottle of salad dressing or whatever (or just fails to specify the quantity at all). I generally stick with products offered under their "Prime" umbrella.

Walmart is a no-go for me, there are just too many third party sellers offering things at a dubious discount coming from who knows where and I have never had any luck reaching out to Walmart (whereas Amazon customer service usually goes above and beyond.)

And I have had a few issues with Amazon sellers, but not with WaMart, from whom I order regularly.

We have to be careful with everything these days, is the truth, which is a sad state of affairs, imho.

Latest posts