Saw this, Kinda neat

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is restroom&nbsp; and&nbsp; bath&nbsp; and&nbsp;&nbsp; where&nbsp; is sleep ? where is ac ? <br>how much for that ?&nbsp; not&nbsp; bad to me&nbsp; but i thank too small&nbsp; not&nbsp; more room !!!!<br>

<span id="post_message_1266876564">where is restroom&nbsp; and&nbsp; bath&nbsp; and&nbsp;&nbsp; where&nbsp; is sleep ? where is ac ? <br>how much for that ?&nbsp; not&nbsp; bad to me&nbsp; but i thank too small&nbsp; not&nbsp; more room !!!!<br><br>Where is restroom? <br>Cassette toilet in a pinch, pun intended, LOL!<br><br>Where is bath?<br>I see a stove to heat water, you supply the wash cloth and soap.<br><br></span><span id="post_message_1266876564">where&nbsp; is sleep? <br>Says dinette makes into 7 foot by almost 5 foot wide bed, enough for you and a mate and the dog of course!<br><br>Where is AC? <br>Not sure. I see it has Solar in one shot so I think it will accept a fantastic fan.<br><br></span><span id="post_message_1266876564">how much for that ?&nbsp; <br>Haven't emailed him, you interested? I'm sure he will tell you if you email him. Probably a nice guy.<br><br></span><span id="post_message_1266876564">but i thank too small</span>.<br>Not really I have a TC on a Tacoma and it has more than enough for 2 people and a dog.&nbsp; You don't " live" in it you sleep, eat, and travel in it. I live outdoors. I just want the creature comforts for sleep &amp; eat, also stay out of the weather if needed. <br><br><span id="post_message_1266876564"><br><br></span><span id="post_message_1266876564"><br></span>

It is very ingenuis! I would be a little concerned with making the joints watertight, but he must have figured that out. It is probably ideal for trips, but I doubt if it practical for extended stays or living in. My first thought is that it has amazing stealth, until I thought about poping it open in a walmart. Everybody would know you were in there sleeping. But you have to admire that creativity. Bob<br>

That thing would work quite well for me. My truck gets much better mpg than my van, and it has more headroom to boot when it's open. Back in the early 90's I saw something similar made by Wilderness mfg.co. That one opened like a flip open top ( as in the inside ceiling of the cap became the inside floor of the double bed, the roof was hinged to open 180 deg.)with a tent style enclosure inside. This one is more modern and I would imagine more efficient for heating or cooling. I like it, kinda like an A-liner travel trailer.

I have a Hard Side Truck Camper at this time but if I was working at a place like I work now and didn't own my house I would think about it. Where I work at has showers in both the bathrooms so that would be taken care of. I'd just hang out in town using free internet till bedtime, pull into a neighborhood and pop the top up right quick, go to sleep, then get up early as usual, go to breakfast and coffee, then on into work. I'd go out to the rural areas and camp over the weekends and use the amenities then. <br>It might work out well. <br><br>

I think it is interesting and a good solution for a lot of people. <br><br>Does everyone know Jay Baldwin, the designer's, history? <br><br>Check him out here:<br><br>&lt;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Baldwin&gt;<br><br>I was a avid follower and lover of the "Whole Earth Catalogs" and Co-Evolution Quarterly as long as they were published....Stewart Brand and Jay Baldwin did a wonderful job....<br><br>This unit would be very well thought out I am sure and it would be interesting to see some reviews of it....<br>Bri<br><br>

<FONT size=3>These are pretty cool, too.&nbsp; All aluminum, to keep the weight down.&nbsp; and they make a converted cargo trailer, pop up, truck camper and TT.</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><A href="http://www.livinlite.com/index.php" target=_blank><FONT size=3>http://www.livinlite.com/index.php</FONT></A><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>They're not cheap though.</FONT><br><br><br>

<p><strong><font size="4">Hmm this would be Ideal for me. If you could drive say 50 mi with it open or is it up? Going to shoot the guy an email to see what I can find out. - Polecat77</font></strong></p><p><strong><font size="4">P.S. Thanks for the link</font></strong></p>

I saw the price of these awhile back, which was far to expensive for what you get. I can't remember what they wanted, but it was an insult to me.