Safe place to overnight in middle Georgia

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Dawg

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, I don't know if this is the place to post this but I just wanted to offer my property to ya'll if you are traveling through Georgia and need a nice place to overnight. I have 5 acres with lots of big oaks for shade and electricity. Sorry, don't have any water there. It's about 12 miles east of Macon just outside Gray Ga. Just PM me and I'll meet you there and show you where to plug in.

Always good to see offers of single night transit places. With electricity for persons who have AC and need to sleep for a single night. The south gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goshawk said:
Always good to see offers of single night transit places. With electricity for persons who have AC and need to sleep for a single night. The south gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya'll are welcome to stay more than overnight but there' not much to do around here unless you need to do some home improvements to your rig. I have a sawmill and a wood working shop but no power tools. My shop got robbed last August and they took every power tool but left all my old hand tools. So I just started using the hand tools instead. I like them better. No sanding dust and wood chips in my coffee.

Thanks for the offer, very well may take you up on it next winter. I usually spend some time in the mountains around Dalton, but like to explore.
Having retired from carpentry, woodworking and sawmilling we should find something to chat about.

karl said:
Thanks for the offer, very well may take you up on it next winter. I usually spend some time in the mountains around Dalton, but like to explore.
Having retired from carpentry, woodworking and sawmilling we should find something to chat about.

Sounds good. Give me a holler.

Very nice offer.   I have a brother with a farm south of you (near Buena Vista) where we will probably stay when in the area but this is the type of hospitality you can find in the rural area of the deep south.   Place where kids still say yes sir and yes mam.   I miss the south living out here on the left coast.