• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RV/Van build help, beds, mods, installs for PHX area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minivanmotoman

Reaction score
For anyone looking to get help with a build, install, setup, I can help if needed. Have time, tools, skills and place. Like to work on projects in the sunshine.  :)

Have built my own travel trailer from scratch, restored a slide in camper and Toyota Chinook camper, renovated a couple houses, minivan build, etc... Helped Sam first few days at the van build in Havasu install vents, panels, racks.

Need help from dirt cheap budget cheapo to more involved? Can do. 
Reasonable, can work with whatever your budget, needs and situation.
PM your project details and contact info.
Available before melting temperatures start in PHX.  :cool:

If you saw a high top white minivan with a roof to ground corrogated awning with motobike at the RTR, that was my rig.

Fyi
2018-01-24-22-19-27-640x483.jpg
2018-01-24-22-19-53-640x485.jpg
2018-01-24-22-18-56-640x485.jpg

Attachments

• 2018-01-24-22-19-27-640x483.jpg
    2018-01-24-22-19-27-640x483.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 2018-01-24-22-19-53-640x485.jpg
    2018-01-24-22-19-53-640x485.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2018-01-24-22-18-56-640x485.jpg
    2018-01-24-22-18-56-640x485.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 54
Hey,
I am looking into buying a Ford Transit Cutaway, and will be needing help -- looking to pay for help with transforming it into a tiny home! I am looking at a box about 6x7x13.

I have a Toyota Sunrader 22 RE, 1986, if you were interested, we could trade.

OR, I can pay for conversion.

I am not ready to do this yet, but am looking around for estimates. I would like - some big stuff:
two windows installed, vantastic fan, solar-battery system, catalytic heater, and I would like to figure a way to have a bed that lifts to the ceiling when not in use with seating and storage underneath. Of course, a sink and propane stove.

What type of work can you do? Tell me more....

Thanks
Babz

Hi,
It is Babz, and I am in Mesa -- with my Ford Transit.  

Are you available to help?  I need to install aux battery system!  And other stuff.
Thanks
Look forward to hearing from you.

I am in las vegas. Just starting my van life journey. I have just got the b class ford coachmen. I need to get the water heating propane system checked out before I use it.  I am in las vegas, and was wondering if anyone had the experience to get it checked out.
Thank you

Holly Rae

Hi there!

I may have missed my opportunity. 

I have Class A Motorhome, no slides.  I am trying to figure out a way to create a work space around the passenger seating area.  I am also open to suggestions.  I am traveling out of CA May 1st.

Thanks.
Joni

Something like this?
719b29b9681ada34473d92d9b6bba9c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, that looks cool, but I was thinking of removing my passenger seat.  Just toying around with the idea.Thanks! Cammalu

Joni, do you want a space just for a laptop or and you setting up another machine of some kind? Helps to know what you’ll use the space for.

With more details on what exactly you want to do as a work space, many on here will offer suggestions and ideas.
Anything is possible from a slide out, hinged tabletop to stands with storage, hydraulic lifts, drawers, star trek command center style...

Joni said:
Hmm, that looks cool, but I was thinking of removing my passenger seat.  Just toying around with the idea.Thanks! Cammalu
A laptop and room for a 2nd monitor.  A work area, so I have some elbow space, and also a cozy nook.  :huh:  lol
Thank you for asking. Cammualu

Joni said:
A laptop and room for a 2nd monitor.  A work area, so I have some elbow space, and also a cozy nook.  :huh:  lol
Thank you for asking. Cammualu

first of all is creating desk space, that can be done as part of a kitchen cabinet behind the driver's seat. The desktop folds out of the cabinet. See this video for that concept.  

The second monitor is on a hinged fitting that closes against the wall above the cabinet and extends out when needed. Keywords...long reach monitor arm. Try ebay for a used one. Or maybe you just store it against the wall with straps to secure it when not needed.

This van build from Iceland also has a good concept for creating a long desk area that folds down out of the way but offers nearby lift top storage compartment that can old monitors and computers for easy storage access. A lot of function packed into a very small van. There is a link to a youtube 360 video and you can use a mouse to swivel the video around to look at what he has the camera aimed it. The way the bed pulls out and folds down is brilliant!
https://digitalslomads.com/cozy-campers-iceland/

Great info Maki, and the link to cozy campers review shows an awesome layout and setup of a VW T6 minivan. Nice.

The layout of the van in Iceland is great!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts