RV Insurance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallahadion

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm almost to the point of pulling the trigger on either a 1980 21ft American Clipper on a Chevy Chassis
or a 1990 Mallard Sprinter on a Chevy Chassis and just wanted to ask your opinion on the best
RV insurance companies. I currently have Allstate with my car and motorcycle but don't believe I'm
going to get a good deal with them. Do you have any suggestions for companies that ONLY deal in
insurance for RV's, especially full timers , that I can get a good deal with?

Greetings,

I just purchased a 26 foot travel trailer and used progressive. A little over $300 a year but includes full replacement cost. so far so good.

The key here is if you live (fulltime) in your RV, and the insurance company knows (you tell them). The only ones I found that would insure an RV for fulltime living were Good Sam and Foremost. I called USAA, Geico, Progressive, and several others whose names elude me now, and several of them referred me to Foremost.

Your choice whether to tell them you fulltime.

Here's a web page that should help in locating RV full timer insurance.

http://www.rv-dreams.com/rv-insurance.html

I had it years ago when I lived stateside year round and had a Class A. The broker was out of Oregon but it was so long ago that I have no idea who it was.

Most important is to be upfront so that you end up with the right coverage and give the insurance company no reason to deny a claim if you ever have one.

I have used AIS for several years now. They have full timers insurance. I believe they are a broker that writes insurance with many companies.

https://www.aisinsurance.com/

One thing to keep in mind is whether to get full replacement, rental car, etc. If you are full timing then consider getting into an accident in another state from where your friends or family are located. What will you do if your RV or tow vehicle is totaled? Do you have enough money to stay in hotel, get rental car, etc. while you search for another RV?

Stargazer said:
The key here is if you live (fulltime) in your RV, and the insurance company knows (you tell them).  The only ones I found that would insure an RV for fulltime living were Good Sam and Foremost.  I called USAA, Geico, Progressive, and several others whose names elude me now, and several of them referred me to Foremost.

Your choice whether to tell them you fulltime.

I had the same thing, conventional Insurance won't touch RV full time.