RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spunky

Reaction score
After Christmas or New Years leaving Balto Maryland to Quartzite for RTR average 350 miles a day X 7 = 2400 miles 2 weeks at RTR then same as getting there to add up to ONE MONTH total. Dodge 1990 ram 3500 fixed to my liking. Wife thinks I am crazy but I still want to go even by myself. Is there any advice someone could give me. Three years reading post but first post SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO

I don't think anyone can answer that question for you...

Is a month away from home and/or work a big problem?
Is the cost of gas an issue?
Will your wife still be there when you get home? LOL

I have tried to get to RTR for he past two years and so far it looks like I WILL make it this year!!! I am most interested in simply meeting others who think like I do so that I am more a part of the "community" or tribe (as Bob calls us).

Secondly, I am interested to learn from the seminars.

And finally, I'm sure it will be interesting to see what sort of rigs actually turn up.

Oh.. one more...I have not been to the Quartzite area before.. so obviously I need to go there. :)

If you've been thinking about it this long, you won't regret going through with it. More likely, you'd regret not going through with it...

BTW the Florida border is just 728 miles from Baltimore.

Spunky
As has been said , the answer to your question lies within you.

We can't know all the variables involved in your life , so , it's up to you !

I have passed through Q many times over the years but never stopped (it seemed too crowded). Wish I had known so many people like those here were there.
I probably would have joined in and never gone this far north again.

Now , my mom is 91 and it looks like I'll be hanging around in cold country to help out wherever I can.

I will say this , all the time I have spent in the desert SW were the best I can remember!
Who woulda thunk I had some lizard in my blood !
Winter in Death Valley , Tuscon , Pecos , etc. etc. and summer in the high desert areas were the best ever ! YMMV

If recall someone had a gathering in Florida on Forest or State land set up like Arizona RTR.To me that would be a more reasonable distance to hang and learn about traveling in my van. I'm 65 retired welder and door and window installer.Does anyone know of a up and coming southern climate gathering to be held soon?

Spunky said:
If recall someone had a gathering in Florida on Forest or State land set up like Arizona RTR.To me that would be a more reasonable distance to hang and learn about traveling in my van. I'm 65 retired welder and door and window installer.Does anyone know of a up and coming southern climate gathering to be held soon?

Loo Read runs that gathering, and I believe he is planning another one this year.  PM him.

Regards
John

the FLA gathering just got a bump up today. I vote, go Spunky go. I will be at Q this year. so see you all there hopefully you to Spunky. highdesertranger

I dreamed about going to RTR but hesitated because I wasn't "ready" meaning i didn't have a rig.  My brother told me to just go.  No point in waiting.  (I was going through cancer treatment.)  So I took the seats out of my minivan, packed my campstove and my family, and went to RTR.  I'm so glad I did.  I made good friends and learned a lot.

It was the high point of this year.  Totally worth a drive, if you can swing it.

Tracy

highdesertranger said:
the FLA gathering just got a bump up today.  I vote,  go Spunky go.  I will be at Q this year.  so see you all there hopefully you to Spunky.  highdesertranger

:) :) :)  I am looking so forward to meeting all in Q. The winter weather here in Wa. is getting bad already just have ti hope there is a window open the day after Christmas for me to head so.

If I am able to come it will only be a day, as I don't have enough vacation time/money (coming down from Provo). Is it best to come at the beginning, middle, or end?

Try to make it for the great chili feast.  There is meatless and meat style.   :D

My plan is 200 miles per day. WI to AZ, 2000 miles over 10 days. I've been rushing to long.

I also just want to be around folks on a similar journey.

Hope to see you there.