RTR internet this year

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimindenver

Reaction score
I arrived in Quartzsite last night for a brief stop over before I find a quiet spot. I did not set up the booster but I did turn on all of the hotspots to see who got which signals. AT&T and Verizon are strong here as they were last year, The big difference is Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sprint was 3G only and this year there is a LTE signal. T-Mobile was so weak that people were going to Ehrenberg to be able to stream, last night it was streaming without issues.

So bring your hotspots, phones and weary ipads on which ever service gives you the best price, they all work this year. (3G Verizon is a full signal and streaming like a...)

jimindenver said:
I arrived in Quartzsite last night for a brief stop over before I find a quiet spot. I did not set up the booster but I did turn on all of the hotspots to see who got which signals. AT&T and Verizon are strong here as they were last year, The big difference is Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sprint was 3G only and this year there is a LTE signal. T-Mobile was so weak that people were going to Ehrenberg to be able to stream, last night it was streaming without issues.

So bring your hotspots, phones and weary ipads on which ever service gives you the best price, they all work this year. (3G Verizon is a full signal and streaming like a...)

Is that a boostable sprint band or one of the newer ones that cell boosters aren't allowed to boost? I know Sprint has one or two bands that are not boosted by any cell boosters

Sprint has band 41 and it receives a boost if you are using a wide band directional antenna.

I keep meaning to get a hotspot for my iPhone, but the added expense always stops me.

Well that and I live in area with plenty of service. One day I hope to make the RTR, though, and having a HS would be a big help when I want to download and post photos from the road.

Nice to know there a good signal out there in the boonies.

Well, looks like I'm the toilet paper wiping up the rear as always.  I've been getting a solid 3 bars on my Verizon phone but everyone was gobbing up the tower last night.   The show I was watching had buffered so much I didn't realize until over an hour later that I had watched 7 minutes of it. Right now it's wonderful. 

My new Sprint hotspot is worse.  I'm lucky if I get 2 bars on it and that's even right now.  Jim I think the signals wait till I'm parked and then hide themselves.  I'm behind the bulletin board in the disabled section pouting.

Also if you have a thread on your boosters and related stuff I'd like to keep the link handy. I tried watching the video last night but...

/sad panda

Good info Jim. Arrived at the RTR today and have 3 bars LTE with Verizon, without hooking to my booster. Hope to see ya.

Bob, I look forward to seeing you again too. Bring the girls.

jimindenver said:
Bob, I look forward to seeing you again too. Bring the girls.

Voted comment most likely to be totally misconstrued taken out of context...

jimindenver said:
Your van is acting like a metal box blocking the Sprint signal. 

Nope! I made sure to check it out away from the van.  We talked about that before.  Even my phone bars don't change in or out of the van.

Jim, I tried your link for the "booster setup" that you posted in a previous post... [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]https://vanlivingforum.com/show...?tid=23412 but got an error code 404, Not Found.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]would you check the URL and see if you get the same thing? Thx.[/font]

RMtnMik said:
Jim, I tried your link for the "booster setup" that you posted in a previous post... [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]https://vanlivingforum.com/show...?tid=23412 but got an error code 404, Not Found.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]would you check the URL and see if you get the same thing? Thx.[/font]

Works fine for me using Chrome on Win 10

RMtnMik said:

If you meant that first link that item is no longer available.  I let Jim know and he directed me to this one:  https://www.amazon.com/weBoost-Certified-Refurbished-Signal-Boosters/dp/B015YALL9E