RTR Bulletin Board

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you guys, I'm getting antsy up here in Port-ice-landia. Family matters delay us but we'll be there maybe Thurs afternoon or Friday am.

I will have sewing supplies to give away and a bunch of dollar store reading glasses that somehow aren't quite right anymore. And whodunnit books.

Reminder that Wednesday's 'Fix 'n Gab' is moved to Nelda and Jerry's Roadtrek on Main Street -- the campfire/seminar loop. If you don't know what that is, check the thread of same name here under Gatherings. I may have another one later just so's we can sit around and gab some more.

Sassy
White Ford hi-top, blue EZup, will there be room for us in that teeny little desert?

If anyone wants a roof air conditioner, I'd like to get rid of one of my two and replace it with another vent. Getting it off the roof without damage may be tricky. Standard 14" opening.

blars

I just had that done at a shop before I left. The fantastic fan they traded me for it is wonderful. I was told my Coleman Mach III weighed 150 pounds, they used a forklift.

Hi from the RTR:

I am a certified Microsoft systems engineer...  if you have a Windows question or problem... or a virus problem.

I am also a Musician... I play guitar. and played in bands for 30 years..

Lastly, I've offered help with electrical work and electronic work... have soldering iron... will travel... installed solar... convert electronics to 12 volt systems...

Look for Lisa    Holiday Rambler Augusta... tan color...

KD9EPW

I need to find someone with a drill and a 1 7/8" drill bit strong enough to go through bumper steel to drill a hole in the rear bumper of my van.

Yes you read that right - 1 7/8".

It's so I can install a Marinco Charger Inlet as part of my solar installation.

See me at the name button making table right after any of the morning seminars end.

Hi all....Im Melissa... 
Im a hairstylist, and have been for more than 25 years. Im happy to cut your hair if you are in need. My prices are VERY fair... starting at 6 bucks, and just go up depending on how much hair you have, and the difficulty of the cut. Shouldn't ever be more than 10 though. I also do beard trims, and basic barbering for the gents in the tribe. Please don't ask for a shave though....while I own a straight razor, I only use it for my haircuts. Id probably cut your face. hahahaha
Let me know if you need a trim! 
Hubby, son and I are in the Winnebago Winnie Drop with the white Transit a few washes over from the main fire ring- kind of at the end of a "culdesac". All I ask is that your hair be more on the clean side as dirty hair can dull my blades. Thanks!!

Message me, and Ill give you my number so that we can text. Its a little easier.

blars said:
If anyone wants a roof air conditioner, I'd like to get rid of one of my two and replace it with another vent. Getting it off the roof without damage may be tricky. Standard 14" opening.

I don't want the A/C but if someone else wants it I'll carry it down with a ladder. I have the ladder. Did the same with mine. 150lbs sounds about right.

Almost There said:
I need to find someone with a drill and a 1 7/8" drill bit strong enough to go through bumper steel to drill a hole in the rear bumper of my van.

Yes you read that right - 1 7/8".

It's so I can install a Marinco Charger Inlet as part of my solar installation.

See me at the name button making table right after any of the morning seminars end.

I can do that with a 2" hole saw. The diameter of the hole would be 2", I don't have 1 7/8".

TMG51 said:
I can do that with a 2" hole saw. The diameter of the hole would be 2", I don't have 1 7/8".

1/8 of an inch is only going to make it easier to slip the charger inlet in place instead of having to arm-wrestle it.

If you could come find me at the table tomorrow we can set up a time and place.

TIA

Beth

Most hole saws will make an opening a little larger than they state on the size. If you can find an 1 3/4 hole saw, that might do it. Drilling the pilot hole a bit larger than necessary will cause the teeth of the hole saw to walk around a bit as well.

Van Man Dave said:
Van Man Dave here :D

I'm hoping we can get some musicians together for some playing / jamming.

I play bass,  a little guitar and sing.

Let's Jam!!

Are you in the main rtr camp or at the music area?

For sale: Delorme PN-60w SE GPS unit, case, maps on CDs, GPS receiver w/UPS connection and software (for use on laptop), SD card, extra carrying cord, owner's manual.

SOLD [edited by mod]

can someone stop by adrian's tent and give him a hug for me? thanks gary

DSC03704.JPGWANTED solar panel at RTR, used 50-150 watt

will pay cash.. also have for trade, like new mr. buddy heater

Attachments

• DSC03704.JPG
    DSC03704.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Burning Van will happen on Saturday at 7:00 PM at the main campfire.

We borrowed the tune and some of the words from Willie Nelson's song "On the Road Again".
   JR is going to play his guitar and everyone is invited to sing along.

In our vans again
Just can't wait to get in our vans again
The life we love is in the dessert with our friends
And we can't wait to get in our vans again

In our vans again
Goin places that most haven't been
Goin places we may never go again

Rubber tramps again
Like a band of gypsies we go down to Quartzsite
We'll see Bob again
We'll share our tales at campfires in the night time
Warm fire time

Well our vans are small
We have no spaces left upon the wall
But they're our homes and we're as happy as can be
Our vans are how we're living oh so free

Burn that van again
Like a blazing symbol it lights up the night sky
And we all will cheer
Cause simple pleasures seem to be the best ones
With good friends

Burn that van again
Just can't wait to burn up that van again
It marks the end of our stay here in Quartzsite town
But next year we'll be coming back again

OH Yeah!!!
Somebody please video that performance for us unfortunate ones that couldn't make it there......

tonyandkaren said:
Burning Van will happen on Saturday at 7:00 PM at the main campfire.

Also to point out, the "after party" will be happening at Jaime's Saturday night. He's been inviting all to come over for music etc after Burning Van is completed.

Just look for the colored LED strips on his van after dark and head a couple washes over.

Latest posts