Review of Yeti 1250

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandaOnTheRoad

Reaction score
I am a little confused. Isn't this just a battery in a case with a solar panel on top.

Bast,

Yeti 1250 is a 100 ah AGM battery, small MPPT charge controller, 1200 watt pure sine inverter with several outputs and inputs and a gauge.
All packaged nicely with wheels and a luggage handle. Comes with a 72 watt wall charger that will recharge it in 18 hours.

Solar panels extra.
Specs say 3 of their 30 watt panels will recharge it in 27-54 hours (does not say if that is hours of sunlight or total hours)?
[240 watt max charging input]

http://www.goalzero.com/p/140/goal-zero-yeti-1250-solar-generator

dang, they are proud of that. a note if you used 1/2 the stored energy, that's all you should use don't go below that 50%. better to only use 20-30%. highdesertranger

I'm a novice but it looks like a nice easy system to use. I would avoid their solar panels on cost though - very, very expensive solar panels over there for some reason.

We were looking at that as well, until renogy released their Lycan Powerbox, which I think is half the weight, and suppose to have more amp hours.. I guess only time will tell.

highdesertranger said:
dang, they are proud of that. a note if you used 1/2 the stored energy, that's all you should use don't go below that 50%. better to only use 20-30%. highdesertranger
Thank you! But why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

highdesertranger said:
Thank you! But why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

because you should only use 50% of the battery's amp hour rating. if you use more you will shorten the life of your battery the more you take it below 50% the worse it gets. also the battery should be recharged daily. leaving it partially charged will also shorten the life. highdesertranger