Review: DuPuis Equestrian Campground near Indiantown, FL

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
Is available at my blog with 25 photos!

Free, hot showers, flush hoppers, Verizon 3 bars 4G data! Who could ask for more?

Campground host says to me "You can stay for 8 days then leave for 24 hours and the come back for another 8 days sir".

BTW great weather, highs in the low 70's and 40's at night VERY low humidity (for FLA) clear cloud free skies and a great NW breeze of up to 10 mph.

Yesterday I moved to the 16 site family campground at DuPuis (NO RV's or generators) about one into the bush.

Full review and 24 new photos are up right now at my blog.

The family campground is even nicer. They do enforce the no RV rule. We tried staying there and were asked to go to the horse camp instead. Staying in a van seemed okay.

Mr. Loo, the wife and I are looking for a place to camp over the Christmas holidays. How is the skeeter population at the DuPuis location?
A SEEKER

After further review this place is checked off my list. No dogs allowed. If Gunner can't go I can't go!
A SEEKER

Dogs are ok at Hickory Hammock and they can run off leash if they are not a PIA.

I would not recommend DuPuis over the holidays. It is too close to the east coast population centers and ALL the campsites are first come first served.

I will be at Hickory Hammock from 12/23 to 12/31. You can reserve a site at Hickory Hammock so you will not get shut out. Only 10 sites are available so this will thin out any possible crowding.

Use this link to reserve a site and get an instant confirmation with gate code:

http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/po...r?site_id=128&activity_id=62&month_id=2014,11