Review: lock S65-C campground near Lorida Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
Very quiet except for a loud truck that launched at boat at 3am! I am parked away from the crowd near the boat launch under a dirty cypress tree.

Two miles or so off main highway down on lane asphalt road. It’s a dead end so no thru traffic. Solid two bars of Verizon 4g data signal. No amenities other than a single chemical outhouse and no drinking water.

This is a free campground with an 8 day single stay and 30 day annual limit.

Fuel, ice and limited groceries 10 miles west in Lorida. Wal-Mart Super center and Dollar Tree 22 miles in Okeechobee.

P.S lots of resident buzzards

Seven photos at my blog to save forum bandwidth.

Your posts will make a great guide for anyone wanting to boon-dock Florida. I myself found it impossible to find free camping south of Lake Okeechobee. It's probably a little too warm to camp comfortably in the winter in south Florida anyhow. Thanks for the great info!

Yes, thanks for the info! It looks like I will be spending much of my winter in south Florida and it's good to have options. Have you found anywhere with minimal mosquitoes? I thought I had my van sealed up but at least one would always find its way in every night the last place I stayed.

Look up making mosquito traps. I have used them successfully every time. Posted a link to a YouTube video. Cheap and effective.

Mr Loo, now you tell me about the nice bath house in the equestrian area. When I was there both toilets had notes that solar parts were on order. I still liked it there with the hog hunters. Will store for next year.