retired now, so I migrate twice a year

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowin

Reaction score
no more need to suffer heat/cold. what I used to do, tho, was take a class at a community college, costs about $150 per month and have access to a library, computers, net, gym, pool, shower's, etc, AC and heat, of course.

when I couldn't be in the school buildings, in cold weather,  I'd be in my sleeping bag and insulated box, or, in hot weather almost nude, wrapped in a dampened sheet, in front of a battery powered fan, with a small pan and block of ice between. I'd also have a public storage rental and a friend or two whom I'd visitk I got food at the food bank and with food stamps, got $300 per month for selling my blood plasma and lived on that. I spent about /$50 a month driving the van enough to not have it noticed as sitting around any one spot. $35 per month on insurance, about $50 per month on miscelleaneous stuff and I ate at the Salvation army and a church, If you;'ll take 2 classes, a pell grant will pay for them, and they'll give you 6k in loans which you can spend as you wish, each semester, but you have to sign up for full time and drop half of your classes after serving 60% of the required time in the class

knowin said:
a pell grant will pay for them, and they'll give you 6k in loans which you can spend as you wish, each semester, but you have to sign up for full time and drop half of your classes after serving 60% of the required time in the class

We don't encourage taking advantage of/abusing systems and programs put in place to help those that need it.

knowin said:
no more need to suffer heat/cold. what I used to do, tho, was take a class at a community college, costs about $150 per month and have access to a library, computers, net, gym, pool, shower's, etc, AC and heat, of course.

when I couldn't be in the school buildings, in cold weather,  I'd be in my sleeping bag and insulated box, or, in hot weather almost nude, wrapped in a dampened sheet, in front of a battery powered fan, with a small pan and block of ice between. I'd also have a public storage rental and a friend or two whom I'd visitk  I got food at the food bank and with food stamps, got $300 per month for selling my blood plasma and lived on that. I spent about /$50 a month driving the van enough to not have it noticed as sitting around any one spot.  $35 per month on insurance, about $50 per month on miscelleaneous stuff and I ate at the Salvation army and a church, If you;'ll take 2 classes, a pell grant will pay for them, and they'll give you 6k in loans which you can spend as you wish, each semester, but you have to sign up for full time and drop half of your classes after serving 60% of the required time in the class
Those loans have to be paid back. You will have a hefty bill coming due at that time.

KNOWIN , YOU ARE BETTER THAN that. No idea how old you are or if you walk around with a pitbull have dreads and a guitar with a girlfriend sitting around a Macdonalds But as a older guy that works at a pawnshop that cashes checks I know you are better than that. Wishing you a safe road and
if you can re-read and re-think your outlook HURRAH. ( YES I AM THE FATHER OF TWO BOYS THAT ARE WORKING IT OUT)

Pell grants do not have to be paid back, they are grants not loans. Abuse of any system is still abuse and morally wrong.