Responsibility of gun ownership

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
If you are interested in packing first learn the basics before you purchase. I mean learn about guns inside out, many resources available clubs shooting ranges where you don't even need to own a gun to begin with. Find the right fit for you bring a girlfriend with like interests. this will either encourage or discourage you that is where you want to be before deciding. I have a ton of respect for the responsibility of gun ownership.

Very true, but many people must not get any training, from what I see/read in the news.  Maybe it just makes too much sense to them, and offends their delicate sensibilities.

These seem to be common problems:

* All they've learned about guns is from movies and TV shows.
* They pay no attention to what is behind the target, because...
* They don't understand that the bullet doesn't evaporate after it misses its target.
* They don't train their kids in gun safety.
* They leave their guns where the untrained kids can find the guns.
* They keep their finger on the trigger as they walk or run.
* They don't understand the concept of the effects of adrenaline when Something Is Happening.
* They find a friend's revolver, aim at something and pull the trigger; all they hear is a click, so they look down the barrel and pull the trigger again.

Agree 100% I grew up with guns and my Dad beat gun safety into my brain. Had me take NRA and Hunter education safety classes when I was 10 yrs old and again when I was 15.

If you want to own guns you should take the responsibility to learn everything you can about them, whether your state requires you too or not. Knowing how to take apart and clean them is just as important as knowing how to safely shoot them. And the more you know about them, the more enjoyable it will be owning them.

Latest posts