Researching

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Galt

Reaction score
Hi all. Have a truck with a canopy and enjoy camping. Have been reading Nomadland by Jessica Bruder. Learned about this site reading. Have no retirement plans and low funds. Believe I'll be seeing some of you soon. Just doing research so I can get by and learn the ropes.

Hello John and welcome to the forum. If you need to know things about then nomad lifestyle this is the place to get it. You’ll notice we have a site on recycling urine Among a lot of other unusual topics. If you can’t find it here you can’t find it. Again welcome.

Welcome to the CRVL forums John Galt! As an experienced camper, you have a good start, but please feel free to ask about anything and everything. There are many people on the forums who can help with your questions.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

John Galt said:
... Just doing research so I can get by and learn the ropes.
Welcome to the forum JG. 

I too started out in a truck with a topper, had a big cab with room for my bunk in it. All the comforts of home. 
-crofter

Welcome!
I just watched Atlas Shrugged a couple months ago, I'd like to check out the books sometime.

One of my favorite books. It's like 700 pages, but worth it. Rand had a good grasp of political economy. It ties in well with the cheap rv lifestyle.

Welcome,John. I just finished a 26-day road trip in a small truck with a canopy. It worked quite well for me, I'll bet it does for you too.