Renogy Rover 40amp MPPT throwing "ACr" code

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gevalia

Reaction score
All, 
Still building my van. Put 2 100w renogy panels on the roof with a renogy mppt 40a controller. All has been working fine for the past 3 months. Only thing drawing current every day is my fridge (engle 40qt dc on low). Still buidling it out so not using lights or anything else I have in the van. Like I said, it's been working w/o issue since beginning of october. I'm in CT and last night it dropped down to 7 with the wind chill. I say this because the has been the only difference I can think of. And it will be 10-15 degrees F all day long.

I have done a bit of searching and found only 1 post that said reboot and no other responses. So I disconnected the solar panels, then the battery, waited 30 minutes(was doing other things), and reinstalled battery, then solar panels. Still getting the ACr code. 

NOTE: I can turn on the LED lights and the fridge is getting power.

I have 2 renogy 100ah lithium batteries in the system.

Anyone know what this code is? Yes, I will contact renogy but wanted to get info from the board. 

Ron

After the reboot, I see where they say to connect the batteries and wait for boot up to see if normal before connecting solar.

Take your loads from the battery. Not from the "load terminal" on the controller, if your's is one with that.

I'm not using the load terminals on the controller. I know what the load terminals "could" be used for in a solar system (not wind) and I chose not to use it/them when designing my system.  And by the way, if I had, it would not have resulted from the description I gave of my problem.

don't get bitchy, it was just a suggestion looking to help you out.

I'm using a Rover 20a. The manual doesn't show an ACr code. I googled ACr and nothing comes up.
Interesting thread. ( emoji man eating popcorn )

:huh: did you ever find out what it meant? I'm having the same code

The OP hasn't been back on here since Jan of 2019 so don't hold your breath getting an answer. Have you tried the connect the batteries and wait for complete boot before connecting panels and checking fuses?

Not yet. About to, but this is a brand new controller, one month old and had no load on it other than whatever their own USB cable might be vampire'ing away. It was an RMA from a broken/stuck gate? (can't remember if that's what it's called, where the cables are held to the controller). Everything was working fine prior to sticking that USB cable into the slot about a week ago. Then a couple days ago I noticed a flashing code on the controller for the panels, which (according to the manual) meant that the system was in float, but I'd never seen it with the ACr code on it too when it was in float. Worrisome but batteries were fine. Today, batteries are dead, everything has been discharged...to where? that usb cable? started googling for the ACr code, ended up here after e-mailing support. Why do they have a code that isn't documented anywhere? crazy

Get on the phone and call Renogy. My understanding is they have customer service by phone but not so great by email.