reference site: why is the flag at half mast?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaylee

Reaction score
Since 9/11, every time I see The Flag at half mast, I have that stomach clenching moment of Dread.
I'm sure many others here do too.
Now that I don't have TV, and have only limited net access, it's even more anxiety inducing.

Last year, I web searched and found this security-wise "meh" but info-wise useful site:
https://halfstaff.org/

It has state level as well as national, which I particularly like.
If someone knows of a cleaner site, please share.

There were 2 mass shootings in the past couple days, one in El Paso TX and one in Dayton OH.

Another week, another mass shooting in the USA.

:(

Yeah, sadly I posted that mostly so one would know whether it's the "background noise" of America, or something that requires attention (like 9/11). :(
Had heard about the first two, but not Chicago. :(

I used to catch the news most nights, and during my first 1-2 months full-time NFS&van dwelling I was wigging without that "fix".
Tried to find a decent weekly news summary, no go (and PBS Newshour's website has been downgraded such that I can't use it - Grrr!Argh!).
After 5 1/2 months, I'm no longer wigging out.
Now I kind of feel relieved... also a bit guilty about feeling relieved, but I'm out here to decrease the stress & crud, and increase the quality of my life.

Had just finished my phone calls & other errands and was about to head out, but I think I'll post something cheerful (Brian, you'll (probably) like it). :)

Latest posts