War on the Homeless spilling over to vehicle dwellers and boondockers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is an important issue and hope this thread remains with thoughtful, appropriate comments from contributors. My comment here will focus on mental health. Without wishing to reveal enough detail to be identified, one of my relatives is almost certainly deceased in California, having suffered from mental illness and being dismissed when this relative and her/his spouse sought mental health assistance. (Bob Wells knows some of the details.)

Using California as an example, I think this report https://calmatters.org/explainers/breakdown-californias-mental-health-system-explained/ by calmatters.org discusses some of the difficulties. The KQED article "Did the Emptying of Mental Hospitals Contribute to Homelessness?" https://www.kqed.org/news/11209729/...tal-hospitals-contribute-to-homelessness-here includes a timeline of deinstitutionalization.

jeanmarie said:
Trouble getting a Real ID? Who is here legally and cannot get a Real ID? I do not understand the problem.

its a big hassle for sure. they want several pieces of information that most don't think of bringing...i brought
a copy of my birth certificate and utility bill and the guy claimed there was something else(?) i still needed but
he sent it through and thankfully i got just a "enhanced ID" in the mail a few weeks later! are there supposed
to be a chip in the Real ID that they can track you with? i imagine they can just track you by your cell phone if
they really want to know where you are...

They cannot track you with a Real ID.

The tinfoil is getting pretty thick in here.

JEEZ really. even after I warned everybody.

to be able to track an ID the ID would need to emit a signal. for it to emit a signal it would need a power supply of some kind.

this is exactly what I was talking about. STOP IT with the conspiracies theories. I am sure there are plenty of places on the internet to discuss this stuff. CRVL is NOT one of those places.

highdesertranger

Yea but what if the reptoids created a chip that had it's own power source. Or the chip uses a self generating scalar field that mask it's output and their not telling us

i wasnt trying to start a conspiracy theory just curious on how it would know
your whereabouts as someone mentioned? i guess it was just a figure of speech...

Natgreen said:
Pretty soon the government will control all housing. They will assign you a job. Give you a food card. Inspect your dwellings. Cars will be automated nd owned by the government and you will call one when you need it. The tv in your home will record audio and video24/7 and police will be on the other end inspecting files uploaded to them when AI  detects certain keywords and actions.

Try to enjoy your freedom while you still can.

Sure. Because the government, which is administered by people who are not exactly the brightest bulbs on the tree and who can't even get their own sh*t together and get along with each other, is going to pull all that off. I absolutely believe that.

Yea. I see things headed in that direction. Who knows what will happen though. I do know this. About 70% of what I mentioned is actually happening right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.