Recommendations for Austin, TX?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantRobertson

Reaction score
I'm looking for an RV or mobile home park that allows older rigs. Everyone I have contacted so far will only start new rentals for rigs that are around 10 years old or less.

Check Craigslist and the local "shopper" papers.
Put up a note in the laundromat.
Usually its only the RV resorts and high dollar parks that have the 10 year restriction. We have an '86 MoHo and don't have age issues with parks that we've used...and they weren't dumps either.

There is an RV park on the South side, on the north bound access road to I-35, Austin Lone Star RV Resort. Also, try Lake Travis RV park on FM 620, northwest. If you head out to Leander/Liberty Hill, there are several in that area that I think will take an older rig. None of these is convenient to the City but the only one that is, is downtown and always full. Always.

There is one that may fit your needs between Parmer and US 183, on McNeil. I don't know the name of it and have never stayed there but have driven by it lots of times, lots of trees and shade! It's on the north side of McNeil, easy to pass and not notice.

Good luck and best wishes.

Thanks for the suggestions. Now if I can just get some of these places to answer their phones...:s

Check out McKinney Falls State Park in east Austin. Take William Canon east until it ends. That is McKinney Falls Parkway. Turn left and go north until you see the park on the left side of the road. We camped there many times and also volunteered there for four months two years ago.

I know they do not limit rigs based on age.