Recommendation on buying partial build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NolaK

Reaction score
Hi All, 
I am looking for recommendations on where I can order/purchase a basic, but started cargo trailer conversion.

I introduced myself on the Newcomer’s Corner forum a few weeks ago. I’m an expat in Thailand planning to move back to the States and join the van/cargo trailer/snowbird life. Despite people telling me it would take months or years to sell my home here. It sold in 2 weeks. Yes!

Suddenly, I find myself in the position of landing in California with 3 dogs and no home within 3-4 weeks. I can buy a the tow vehicle immediately. However, I would like to move straight into having a trailer quickly too, getting to Pharump to set up residency, recover and contemplate what I have done. 

Yada, yada, yada!

So I am looking for the groups recommendation on how I can get into a cargo trailer with the following done:

New and aluminum, 7x14 size range
Insulated on walls and ceiling with wall board up
Some windows and fan
Solar system and outlets professionals installed

The rest (the fun part) I will do myself. This will just be a step up on getting stared.

Any ideas on a cargo trailer business in the Southwest USA or West Coast who can help me with this would be greatly appreciated. Bonus point for those with eco (indoor air quality) options. 

Thanks so much,

Nola

There was a custom builder in northern Arizona a few years back that had some YouTube videos that sold partially completed trailers.