recirculating shower system

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbearded

Reaction score
Looking for some more info on this recirculating shower system! I looked into the Showerloop system which seems reasonable too and there is a company coming to RV's called OSys Mobile (not much on them lately).

Redbearded said:
Looking for some more info on this recirculating shower system! I looked into the Showerloop system which seems reasonable too and there is a company coming to RV's called OSys Mobile (not much on them lately).

Good ideas sell well if there is a large enough customer base for it. The OSYS moble were aiming at the RV industry, specifically large motorhome manufacturing. People with large motorhomes are not very likely to be out boon docking without access to running water. Their rigs are not designed to go on rough and narrow primitive roads. The market they are aiming at just are not going to be that interested in their product as they don't have a real need for it since they are not typically without a fresh supply of water. Of course the underlying message is working against them and that message is telling people who buy RVs that they are not going to have enough water in their holding tanks to take showers. No matter how they approach it that one is a tough sell. Luxury living and telling people they need to reuse the water from their last shower are not the greatest of marketing approaches.

call me skeptical. I am not saying it can't be done. but how practical is it. the guy in the video on their website sounds like a snake oil salesman. in the video the guy goes on and on about how efficient it is but says it needs a 120v 20amp circuit to run it. excuse me but that is not efficient. that's generator or a Jimindenver size solar set up. I don't even know if his system could do 120v 20amps. the heating of the water and the UV purifier are energy intensive. granted like he touts over and over that you heat the water less because it's being recirculated but you are still heating it and then maintaining that heat. also how much does it cost nowhere on the website could I find a price. possible yes, practical? highdesertranger

Latest posts