Rainy ride home from Q

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly

Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hubby and I arrived home safe from Q in 4 extended driving days...from mid-TX to OH we experienced rain in all it's forms...misty rain/pouring buckets!</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma">We did Dallas/Ft Worth in the middle of the night, swarmed by truckers, in a toad strangler of a rainstorm...can't say I'd want to do that again!</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Had a&nbsp;close encounter w/ a teenage girl practicing high-speed traffic weaving.&nbsp; Ummm. she may not live to perfect her technique &amp;&nbsp;I now doubt the rule that says 2 objects cannot exist in the same space! </p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">For multi-tasker me, RTR was Awwwwwesome! Hide bed-head hair under a hat, watch the sunrise and go for a walk.&nbsp; Then there was a&nbsp;couple hrs&nbsp;for information/idea exchange.&nbsp; After that one was free to&nbsp;visit or simply contemplate the universe til dark.</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>&nbsp;</p>

Glad you made it home safe and sound! Thank DOG you missed the tornadoes! &nbsp;it was great to meet you and Bill!

Jerry and I fought a terrible sandstorm from the RTR to the other side of Palm Springs when we left. There were several times the sand was blowing so hard over the highway, one could barely see the taillights of the vehicle ahead of us.<br>We too had a great time and enjoyed everyone!<br><br>Nelda<br><br><br>

Butterfly, it was wonderful to meet you both and I am very glad you made it home safe. Sounds like it was a hair raising ride home for you--you're braver than I am. I am planning to head home tommorrow but we are having ANOTHER windstorm and I'm not brave enough to head into it. I'll sit here and wait it out. Hope to see you again on the road, and of not then at next years RTR!! Bob<br>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm still sleeping in the van even tho it's parked in the driveway.&nbsp;&nbsp; Busy thinking of changes/improvments.&nbsp; </font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actual living/traveling in the van for 3 wks has given me a better idea of what's important to pack and what needs left behind...in that respect, going to the RTR was the best shakedown cruise to date!</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma">Thanks for the welcome home Dragonfly...</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma">Nelda, glad you made it through that sandstorm!&nbsp; There are situations where pulling to the side of the road can be as dangerous as continuing on...so you do what ya gotta.</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma">Bob, don't know about brave.&nbsp; In scary situations I find repeating to myself "no guts, no glory" like a mantra helps me maintain my calm........</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma">Bill gets credit for maintaining Silence (as in don't distract the driver while she's driving blind, Ha!)</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma"></font>&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma">Bob, A huge thank you for creating this forum and bringing folks together for the RTR...such incredible resources and encouragment!</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma"></font>&nbsp;</p>

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">"I'm still sleeping in the van even tho it's parked in the driveway."</span></font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><br></span></font></div>Hi Butterfly,</span></font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">I've slept in my van in the driveway too, since being home from RTR. My cozy little home in the van makes me smile.</span></font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Katie</span></font></div>