Questions about fastening equipment to van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrs

Reaction score
I have the Astro high top conversion van and am about to start the build. I will be building a pull out bed and small kitchen down the drivers side. BUT I have a simple question. How do most people attach these units to the van itself. Drill holes in the floor?? Or is there some other way that I am missing? Thanks for any comments. I will post updates as this adventure progresses.

I used L brackets to attach my cabinet and bed frame to the plywood floor, which is screwed down to the metal van floor.I think in event of a serious accident furniture would break loose. Best way would be to drill through metal van floor and attach with nuts, bolts, and big washers.

I would bolt to floor and use caulk on the bolts to keep moisture away.

Do not drill into the gas tank. For heavy support put something under the cross beam.<br><br>Best, James AKA Lynx

be careful drilling anywhere in the floor of your van. there are gas lines and brake lines running from rear to front and back for the fuel and brakes are there too. Learn how to know when the drill bit gets through the floor and stop from going any farther. You can get a depth gauge/stopper to stop the drill from going&nbsp;too far.<br>&nbsp; When I used to put beds in my vans, I would always attach then to the upright supports on the walls of the van.&nbsp;