Queen mattress question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucidPhotographer

Reaction score
Does a queen mattress fit in the back of full size vans? I'm talking about the regular queens that are 60 inches wide and not the RV queens.

No, a regular queen size bed will not fit. First of all, there is no way you could get it in there. If your van is an extra long model you can do something like i did in my van conversion. You can read and see pictures of how i made a queen size bed in my 2006 Chevy 2500 Eexpress XL cargo van conversion.

Go to the Share Your Van Conversion section. Look for Grandma's Chevy Cargo Van Conversion to a Simple Camper Van. Hopefully you will get some ideas.

Maybe. I have a queen size platform in my van. My van is extended 3ft and it almost reaches the side doors. So in a full size it may get a lil tight but can be done. Good point Granny I'll change my answer. Technically it'll fit squeezing it in there maybe the chore. Also depends if your back doors swing fully open I'd guess. I carried a king size in a van but had to fold it in half to get it in there and unhinge one of the doors if I recall correctly.

<p>I think it must depend on the van.&nbsp; We had a 2004 Dodge Sprinter Passenger Van for a little while and slept on a regular queen mattress on the floor (after taking out the seats).</p><p>Suanne ... who wishes Sprinters weren't so costly to maintain</p>

a "queen" fits rib to rib above the wheel wells in a late model ford econoline .... blkjak

Thanks for the info folks. I will check that out in a few grandma. Suanne, I have looked at the Sprinters too and they are quite costly unfortunately. Ford is going to quit making the Econoline vans and will start selling a version of the European Transit vans in the US.

&gt;&gt;<span style="line-height: 20px;">Ford is going to quit making the Econoline vans and will start selling a version of the European Transit vans in the US.&lt;&lt;<br /><br />That's odd, because so much of the E-series running gear is shared with their #1 selling F-series pickups.<br /><br />Oops, but I'm wrong. The E-trucks share the Crown Victoria.Town Car platform.</span>

DSCN2916.jpg
LucidPhotographer said:
Does a queen mattress fit in the back of full size vans? I'm talking about the regular queens that are 60 inches wide and not the RV queens.

YES.... I just did it in a G20 van....  you have to open the back doors ALL the way and work it in a few inches at a time - left side-right side -  then it finally 'pops' in.....  fits well.  I made a platform for it.  I have a conversion van and headroom is not an issue.  I plan to use storage bins under the bed.... looks like it will work out fine.....

Attachments

• DSCN2916.jpg
    DSCN2916.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 14