Quartsite area in less than a week... no idea where to go or what to do

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since there are a bunch of Quartzsite threads already I didn't want to start another -- How's the Verizon signal out there? I'm planning to make it to the RTR but I'll need to work while I'm there.

TMG51 said:
Since there are a bunch of Quartzsite threads already I didn't want to start another -- How's the Verizon signal out there? I'm planning to make it to the RTR but I'll need to work while I'm there.

Actually I am pleased with it... Way better than the library!
Matt

cyndi said:
There's at least a couple of jobs in the classified section of the desert messenger. hard to read on-line.  The paper is free. pick one up when you get into town

http://www.epageflip.net/t/6362-desert-messenger

Desert Messenger was an interesting read ...

Seems to me, with all those R.V.s and up to 1 million people attending, there would be a crazy amount of work servicing and repairing R.V.s for people who are unable to do so themselves and simply want to enjoy their time in Quartsite (AND spend their money).

T.I.M.

I' m trying to plan for doing that kind of thing... And making websites for people and doing computer repair.. Also working on a blog... Who has free time? And this is just the planning... The doing will be insane if I can make it work!

gnarledwolf said:
I' m trying to plan for doing that kind of thing... And making websites for people and doing computer repair.. Also working on a blog... Who has free time? And this is just the planning... The doing will be insane if I can make it work!

I am just saying at Quartsite (for those who might wish to escape the cold like me lol)

All anyone would need to do is take out (THE RIGHT KIND OF AD) In the local newspaper (Desert Messenger) along with a local mobile number (easy to get) .

People break down, break things, look for upgrades, roofs leak, plumbing leaks, electric doesn't work (the list goes on and on lol).

"Jobs" could be quoted by the hour or piece meal or by the day.

Just food for thought.

And now you know,

T.I.M.

Lost in the world said:
I may be showing up early next year, how is AT&T's signal?

According to opensignal.com, nonexistent. Same for Sprint. Does anyone who has real life experience have a different story on this? It would be nice to be able to bring my phone and not have to trade out to Verizon.

I'm Sprint, my wife is AT&T.

We were at the RTR camp and Ehrenberg last year and our AT&T was great. Verizon worked good too. I didn't hear anyone complaining about any of the other carriers so they must have been okay too

I'd be thrilled if the !oval library worked right. The woman at the desk said she knew it was bad but because they were "getting something much better" at some date she didn't know in the near future, nothing was being done to fix it. My verizon is gone in 5 days then I'm just Sol for a few weeks...

tonyandkaren said:
We were at the RTR camp and Ehrenberg last year and our AT&T was great.  Verizon worked good too. I didn't hear anyone complaining about any of the other carriers so they must have been okay too

That's reassuring. I can get unlimited data on mine, and I think I just really need a good antenna boost system to be solid. Been using it so far for my job, as long as I have it.

iggyp said:
That's reassuring. I can get unlimited data on mine, and I think I just really need a good antenna boost system to be solid. Been using it so far for my job, as long as I have it.

You might want to check out Bob's write up on a Wilson Sleek:

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/review-wilson-sleek-cell-amplifier-directional-antenna/

Please use his search bar if you are going to purchase one.  It does not cost you any extra and he makes a little to help pay for this site.

OK, got some help from some fellow VanDweller, and got a job starting tomorrow... Things are looking up! Special thanks to Jay who looked at my system, found I had nearly ruined my batteries and is teaching be the proper basics of solar set- ups. He tells me we did most of it right... Just needed much thicker wires! I'm still learning.
Matt

No big deal on our part :) We had some cable that wagoneer gave us that was the solution to the poblem. We may be able to salvage the secondary battery with a little TLC till bucks are available to upgrade. 
To us its a matter oF being able to share resourses learned from within our community. I'm just happy to be a part of such a wealth of information we have here.