Putting together system

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wire from the (neg) battery to the shunt carries all the amps your system will use. Use a table to check the awg size to the length and total amps. Bigger is mostly better.
**edit to add; I don't see a fuse on the cable to the inverter. Nor on the cable to the blue-sea fuse block. Should have something close to the battery bank to protect the cables.

Everything is hooked up and running! I just have to pull it out into the sun tomorrow and make sure all 6 panels are doing what they should be then caulk a little stuff on the roof and it'll be finished! Only thing left is the trimetric but I'll set that up at a later time.

As for fuses; I ended up using a 12v breaker for the inverter and instead of the fuse block I used the already existing fuses and wiring so I didn't need to add any fuses there.

Thank everyone for the help they provided me, definitely couldn't have done it without this site.

Everything is working properly!

All that's left is to make a door, then sit back and enjoy :D

Well, today is day 3 of having the panels switched off with the fridge running and inverter idling. The batteries are still at 12.3V. I have to say I'm pretty with how well it all is working. I should be able to get at least 1 week of moderate use with bad weather.