Pure Sine Wave Inverters what one to buy? ? ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DARKLINKS614

Reaction score
I am ordering the t-105 to link to run in 12volt setup now I need to be able to turn 12 volt dc into 110volt ac. After studying up I have heard that more people have to use a pure sine wave inverter I well need around 1500 watts rating My max load well be 1200 running the microwave oven and charging my laptop. What do you guys and girls use?<span> I dont know any brand names or what is good. <br><br>Any help would be great!<br><br>Thank you<br>Darklinks614<br></span>

<p style="margin: 0px;">I have had a Samlex 600W pure sine wave inverter. Going on 2 years now. My needs are small, 24inch led tv with dvd player, boombox, sat. radio ect. 2 agm lifeline batteries, and a Honda 2000w genny. NO MICROWAVE. Fine setup.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Go to batterystuff.com. Knowledgeable folks there. Also, on their web page, there is reading to walk you tru all things 12v elec. If ya need it. If i were to go any higher on the inverter, i would go to AM solar in Oregon. AM also has lots of info on their website. Lots of vans do not have the pure sine wave. Works fine for them. If you have a computer, newer tv, or other newer electronics, i would go the pure sine wave route. Have heard of to many folks that run into problems by not having pure sine wave. Guess i go by the ol saying, never to much power(batteries) and as big inverter as possible. Then if you are like me, and drive a van, weight and space enter to this also. </p><p style="margin: 0px;">If any questions, ask. Lots of people here with lots of experience.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Good luck, Roy</p>

<p style="margin: 0px;">You might want to look into a small pure sine wave inverter for you laptop, &nbsp; larger inverters are inefficient for small loads, and a larger modified s/w inverter to only turn on when you need it.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">I really have no problems running anything&nbsp;on modified s/w. I run two laptops, router, printer, 32 inch LCD tv, and 120 volt freezer on mine. (your mileage may vary, but I think not).</p>

First, I think Squire is right, a Modified sine wave works great for nearly all items and the smaller ones are usually more efficient. <br><br>But, you are also right to want a Pure SW for a microwave. My experience has been that microwaves want very clean power. I tried to use one on a Coleman 2000 MSW, and it worked very poorly. I am in the market for a PSW to use for my microwave, and I have decided to order a Xantrex 2000 PSW from Amazon.com:<br><br>http://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-PROWa...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1338595354&amp;sr=8-6<br><br>Xantrex has a good reputation and $370 is a very good price. Samlex also has a great reputation, but their 2000 PSW is $550 so I am going with the Xantrex. Bob<br>