Propane

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freenez2

Reaction score
I use propane and have found this to work well. Use a single burner stove that takes up little space and mostly heat stuff up (As opposed to real cooking). <br>

I have always done a combination of propane wood and charcoal, depending on where I was and what was available. I have a 2 burner propane camp stove, a single burner micro stove for hiking and backpacking and I also have a colapseable grill/ oven made by Pyromid. It burns wood or coal and folds flat to about the size if 5 or 6 lp record albums.

I like the multi-fuel approach also. 90% of my meals are cooked on my Coleman propane stove, but it is hard to beat a hamburger cooked over wood when that is possible. Bob<br>

I just noticed that I have a two burner but only use one at any given time for eggs. That's it. I am going to look for a single burner and have it. I usually do my eggs and then after the sausage. Still only on one burner. I a going to get rid of this stove.<br>

<font size="3"><font face="Arial">&nbsp;Noob Question:<br>Why is it ok to cook on a propane stove inside an RV, but it's *not* ok to cook on a propane stove in any other vehicle, trailer, etc?<br>Is a 2 - 3 burner propane stove not the same, whether drop in, slide in or portable?<br>(Assuming one has the proper safety monitors)<br>Thanks in advance.<br><br></font></font>