prelim plans to roll out in 4 yrs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21264

Reaction score
hello all,
i'm beginning plans for a full time van residence. 
i hope to "roll out" in about 4 years (upon retirement). 
i've lived in the piedmont of north carolina all my life. 
i'm a hammock camper, hiker and diy'er. 
i'm enjoying lurking around the forums and taking in as much knowledge as possible.    
thank y'all for sharing your "van smarts".
__bob__

Welcome to the CRVL forums Bob! Lots of time to plan - good for you! Let us know if we can help with anything that is puzzling you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Bob, welcome... as a "hammock camper, hiker and diy'er" I think you will have a lot to share with us. Feel free to join in on the conversations... I'm also not in a van yet. I expect to be within about six months or less. Right now, like many others, I'm downsizing.

rvwandering said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums Bob!  Lots of time to plan - good for you! Let us know if we can help with anything that is puzzling you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.
thank you very much.

travelaround said:
Hi Bob, welcome... as a "hammock camper, hiker and diy'er" I think you will have a lot to share with us. Feel free to join in on the conversations... I'm also not in a van yet. I expect to be within about six months or less. Right now, like many others, I'm downsizing.

thank you so much and good luck on your journey.

hammock camper....very cool. very minimal, I love minimalist cause I am one also :)

a van addition will be like a wonderful set home to you when you are ready to hit the road. I love a high and dry place vs. my old tent times camping. That high and dry meant the tent could be retired and I was more comfy, always a good thing for me LOL

best of luck, 4 yrs will fly by in a blink of an eye, how the years go so fast is amazing, you be sure to enjoy your future adventures!

Welcome, Bob!
I am also looking at a roll-out in a few years--in my case, probably June, 2024. Can hardly wait!
Hope you were able to stay reasonably dry during Florence! My folks ended up in Burlington--pretty countryside, but I am glad I didn't have to worry about them dealing with a hurricane!

thanks bogwalker, we're on high ground here so we did fine.
i sure hope your family is safe and sound, as well.

Latest posts