Positions Opening with US Forest Service

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arctic cat

Reaction score
Positions in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota and Kentucky. This event includes on-site application and interviews, leading to tentative job offers. Must be a U.S. citizen to apply.

More info: www.fs.usda.gov/main/r6/jobs

I have heard that this year there are a lot of campground host positions that were not filled. I don't know if this is true or not but I have heard it from a couple of sources. highdesertranger

I was at the Trestle Recreation Area in the Lincoln National Forest in Cloudcroft the last two days and there is no one parked in the host parking spot. I don't know if that means that they just haven't arrived, if they don't have one or if they don't want one this year. It's a great spot from what I can see. Almost flat parking area. Propane tank. Walking distance to town. Hiking, fishing, mountain biking, or just hanging out. I don't know if I've ever sweated up there.

Most "host" positions are either working for a contractor or volenteer. Campgrounds run directly by the Forest Service tend not to have resident hosts. The positions I've seen the Forest Service wanting to fill are not entry level and require specific experience.