Portable Waste Tank

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Reaction score
Well I had a 28 gal Blue Boy, but taking it down to dump the other day, one of the wheels came off and it broke the valve on the side, and dumped 28 gallons of poo on the ground.

Somebody stopped and help me pick it up and throw it in the dumpster.

So now I went and bought a 16 gallon to replace it, that 28 gall was really to heavy to move around.

For the amount of hassle and money not to mention mess you really should explore alternatives. A small tank means many more trips so even more time and money. Since there are several of you there each year for several months I would invest in a macerater pump, a couple 55 gallon drums and a used Harbor Freight tilt trailer. You have already spent a couple hundred dollars on less than durable portable tanks. If four or five of you get together you could make something that would last and work much better. Even a hitch rack rated for 600 lbs could carry a 55 gallon drum and with an RV gate valve glued at the bottom would cut down your trips from 3 or 4 to one.

"You gotta own your shit".............NOMADLAND

^PLEASE Frog........... let me just drive to the dump one a week

Freelander they all need new larger wheels for this distance/road........John's is modified.....check it out

Check ours out. We have solid wheels and a better axle. Also we go VERY slowly. You have to lift it?

bullfrog said:
For the amount of hassle and money not to mention mess you really should explore alternatives. A small tank means many more trips so even more time and money. Since there are several of you there each year for several months I would invest in a macerater pump, a couple 55 gallon drums and a used Harbor Freight tilt trailer. You have already spent a couple hundred dollars on less than durable portable tanks. If four or five of you get together you could make something that would last and work much better. Even a hitch rack rated for 600 lbs could carry a 55 gallon drum and with an RV gate valve glued at the bottom would cut down your trips from 3 or 4 to one.

I do have a macerator pump. The one I had was to big anyway, it was hard to move. And I do have a better axle for it, I can strap it down on top and it should work. I had already har 3 or 4 trips with it, and didn't have a problem with it.

This is what I did to to the new one I bought.

I replaces the plastic wheels with a new axle and wheel barrow wheels, these will hold 300 lbs apiece.

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2