Portable showerhead w/pump

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainChaser

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of these?  It looks like a good idea, but you know how that can go.....

It's a handheld shower head with a hose that ends in a unit that you just drop into a bucket of water.  It also has a suction cup for attaching to a flat surface, and a S-hook for hanging.  On-off switch.  Rechargeable with a USB port.  1300 reviews at Amazon = 4.5 stars.  Any real-life experience?

https://www.amazon.com/Ivation-Port...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GR7XGVRNFXGYKDPBWJ73

Yes, Bob did review that one.

Is the handle flow adjustable; if not, how conserving is the flow? Appears to be high water consumption. ???

Flow isn't adjustable. It says it's .33 gallons per minute so that's pretty low pressure. One of the questions was about an on/off switch, which is apparently on the pump itself so you have to either reach into the water to turn it on and off or as one user suggested, if your intent is to conserve water, simply drop the shower head into the bucket so that the water goes back into the bucket while you are soaping etc.

"I think Bob reviewed that one in a video."

I must have missed it. Was it an old video or a new one?

hey that thing could double duty as a homemade swamp cooler pump!

Rather than a sink spray nozzle I used an RV shower head replacement unit. Only a couple of dollars more and it allows me to turn the water off/on at the shower head. The sink sprayer has a trigger on it that you have to hold down to allow water flow. PITA if you're trying to rinse long hair. The RV shower head allows me to  hang it up and stand under it.

I have the Ivation shower and I've used it three times. The first time I was using a collapsible bucket, and I spilled the water, found you have to have enough water to cover the filter to get it to suck up any water. It did work fine the next few times I used it, a few gallons will give you enough time to wash and rinse hair and body. It's not much different than pouring water over yourself from a bucket, which I did just as effectively for a shower when I didn't feel like fiddling with the Ivation. 

Mary Ellen

akrvbob said:
The Ivation is okay, but I gave it away and now just carry this one which I think is much better:
http://amzn.to/2uov04k

If you want the Ivation, there are many identical clones of it for less, get one of them

My question is, can it stay immersed in water indefinately, to keep it handy for everyday washing up, or does it need to come out after each use?