Plexiglass window replacement

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheelEstate USA

Reaction score
We had a broken window in our '86 RV. Replacements are hard as hen's teeth to find and can be expensive. We needed a window NOW...
so, here's my (sorta lame) video on what I did.....

[video=youtube]

I like it; "I don't care for golf balls..."

I think it looks great! Much better than a piece of cardboard and duct tape that are too often seen.

Van-Tramp said:
I like it; "I don't care for golf balls..."

I think it looks great! Much better than a piece of cardboard and duct tape that are too often seen.

:D You must have seen us going down the road after a gusting wind took out the Coreplast I'd used temporarily. We stopped at a tiny town store and begged a piece of cardboard and got out the duct tape :s

If you are watertight, you can go a while with that setup. I don't think anybody will notice. Looks good

Chris...Thanks. I don't want to roll down the road with cardboard and duct tape flapping off the rig.
Hopefully, I can help someone with tips like this. I need to post the "touch up" video yet.

Right now I'm working on another project. In this part of the country plastic roof vent covers go bad and top A/C covers get cooked to death and often seen in pieces on the highway. I have a way to salvage them until they can be replaced...actually will last a couple years.