Please tell me what you think of this class C

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would want to know about any history of leaks and related damage. If you go to inspect it, check for stains, soft flooring, soft roof [yes, go up on the roof]. Of course you will also want a mechanic to check out the drive components.

It looks very nice. Like mockturtle says - call a mechanic and get it checked out. My friend Ken bought one of these just last year - his is a 2001 with lower mileage also. The only trouble he's had with it is leaking through the front window - this is a common problem I believe. Other than that; he's had a good experience. He just had a mechanic check all the important points; I don't believe it cost much for him to have that done.

Look up 1999 Coachman on Google. the same picture is advertised on at least five different Craigslists. Phishing scam. If it sounds too be good to be true......

Bob J.

1999 Coachman Class C FORD F350 is what I Googled. Found four... all the same coach and miles.

You're welcome. I ran into the same thing when I was looking for a Rialta. Good luck in your search for a fit vehicle. When it's meant to be.....It will happen.

Travel safe. Bob J.

If you search google for the same image it brings up five different ads. A definite red flag. tread carefully!

THe NADA book low retail price on the smallest Catalina is $6250. THe listed price seems to good to be true. I'd be careful. Sounds like a scam, as others have pointed out. Keep searching. And good luck.

Ty all so much! I wouldn't have known this without you guys.

Thanks Patrick. I would never have known. I am back to looking.

bobj said:
Phishing scam. If it sounds too be good to be true......

Notice also that the area code is 541 which is an Oregon code. It's true that a lot of people move around a lot and keep their cell and an out-of-state code but on CL it's a red flag to look out for.

I have found that when the price on a Craigslist ad ends in an odd amount, like xx14 or xx11, it's a scam and if you send an email you will get the 'ok, send me the money and .......'.

I agree, this one screams SCAM!!

The rig itself is almost exactly like mine. Same layout, same chassis. My front window does leak, but not enough for me to do the (not horribly difficult) fix yet. Mine has 78k miles. V-10 in these years had some issues with spark plugs, but mine are OK. I think this driveline is more than capable of 200k, if maintained. My next one will have the same engine/trans, but maybe the 450 instead of the 350. I want a walk around bed :)

Bama

If you want to buy a used RV you should make it a hobby of looking at all sites and lots in your area for the style you are aiming for. You will start to see the scams at a distance. I use search tempest on my PC browser set it up for a nationwide search and look at everything available on craigslist. Select all USA, for what you put in what you want to search for, category is sales/wanted, subcategory is Recreational vehicles then go for it
You aren't going to travel all the way to the other side of the country to buy, but you may see a pattern in where certain makes and models are available. Its fun actually.

You can search for pretty much anything for sale on craigslist this way. I would be careful buying any vehicle without a complete inspection.