Planning to get on Road Fall 2018 Hello All!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lf6998

Reaction score
I am a Wisconsin native, and have done some cross country travelling (WI to NY) (NY to AZ) (WI to AZ multiple times) sleeping in car and hotels, also been a life long camper off grid in tents.  So looking to start a new chapter in life in a van.  So much to see in lower 48, Alaska and Canada. 

Need to determine which van and modify. 

My concern is height, due to a fused lower back would prefer to stand upright.

My hope is:

Have a 3-way fridge/freezer (need ice packs on hand for migraines) freezer is a must have.

Solar power to run above, and charge pc, phone, (I have solar lights and solar flashlights to start out from camping) 

LP for stove top and back up for fridge above.  

Will be posting questions if I do not run across in other threads already discussed.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! You'll find at least as much help as you need here. Have fun reading. If you don't find the answer just ask!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

lf6998 said:
I am a Wisconsin native, and have done some cross country travelling (WI to NY) (NY to AZ) (WI to AZ multiple times) sleeping in car and hotels, also been a life long camper off grid in tents.  So looking to start a new chapter in life in a van.  So much to see in lower 48, Alaska and Canada. 

Need to determine which van and modify. 

Will be posting questions if I do not run across in other threads already discussed.

A really good place to start is at Bob's web site, there are a lot of answers there. 
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/