Pet Care Apps while traveling

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, Can anyone suggest some pet care apps while on the road? I have seen some apps Bring Fidos, Dog park finder plus, Red Cross pet first aid, Dog Vacay is these really help tell your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Pet insurance helps. A good company is much like a human medical insurance company and can help with advice for first aid and recommendations for local vets. Be sure it offers nationwide coverage and does not change the fees for long term conditions or increase the fee as the pet gets older.

Or use Google Maps and search to find the closest dog park, dog first aid or whatever when you need it. It's free.

maki2 said:
Pet insurance helps. A good company is much like a human medical insurance company and can help with advice for first aid and recommendations for local vets. Be sure it offers nationwide coverage and does not change the fees for long term conditions or increase the fee as the pet gets older.

Thank you maki2! I have seen some pet insurance but those are not offering nationwide coverage. I think I have to search more about it.

MrNoodly said:
Or use Google Maps and search to find the closest dog park, dog first aid or whatever when you need it. It's freGoogle 
Google maps are my first preference additionally, I need extra information so I thought these Apps may help. Thank you!

jessica thomas said:
Thank you maki2! I have seen some pet insurance but those are not offering nationwide coverage. I think I have to search more about it.

PetSmart stores usually (always?) have Banfield Pet Hospital clinics at their locations. And Banfield offers wellness plans - https://www.banfield.com/our-hospitals/hospital-locations

I have been assured that if my elderly cat requires medical attention while we're on the road that any Banfield Hospital can access her records.

For hotel along a route I like petswelcome.com because you can search by fee and weight limits.

But if you like certain chains like motel 6 and know what their policy is, that is helpful too.

I use Yelp for the other stuff like dog parks, groomers, pet friendly restaurants etc because it is easy to filter wjth.

I've been using Rover. The app works well for me. It does take a bit to get used to but once you get the hang of it it is pretty simple. Awesome design and very user-friendly. I love all the wonderful people and dogs I have met doing this. Rover really takes care of you and makes it so easy to book boardings and it is very flexible.

Hey,
      its very much difficult to handle a pet on a road trip and if you are planning to go somewhere then it will be total annoying and it also arises the safety issues if you travel with your pet in a car. 
i can relate with your prob and finding a good pet care service is like searching for a needle in a bunch of garbage. so my friend recommend me to use pet transportation services to joy your trip and it ensures your pet safety also. and i found it  really works.
I am telling you this because it might be useful for you also.

Hope you like  it.

I think you got lots of good advice. I’m not sure what kind of information or help you might need. So I can’t help much. I haven’t looked into insurance because my last and current dogs have/had so many preexisting conditions but I would.

Banfield is hit and miss I wouldn’t normally use it but if it’s national and they have your records then yes, for sure. They are even next door/inside to one large chain here so if you board the dog you have medical care onsite and they do call the vet for help.

I think dog parks are a great idea. It’s mostly locals and total dog lovers who know the area. Where I live people will do just about anything to help dogs. We had a guy living in a van who got free giant bags of dog food and lots of money to help his dog. So I think it’s an excellent resource.

Latest posts