Perceptions of Training Dogs to be with You

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gcal said:
Abrin, how tight did you have that collar, anyway?

Not tight. Jack Russell Terriers are known for their boldness. Pain is just not a deterrent to them.

My dog has jumped out of a car window once once while we were stopped and standing talking to someone just outside the car with his collar and leash on in order to be 'closer to us'. He would of hung himself if I wouldn't of been there to catch him in time.

Twice as baffling is after the first time he almost hung himself jumping out the window and I put him back in the car he did it a second time less then 3 minutes later. They are truly strange dogs when it comes to pain & loyalty.

The following is a sad story about a JRT who died while saving children from aggressive pitbulls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-sacrifices-life-save-children-pitbulls.html

a little off subject but someone mentioned dogs chasing wildlife and livestock. if a ranger see a dog chasing wildlife you could get a ticket. if a rancher see's your dog chasing livestock he could shoot the dog. perfectly legal, although I wouldn't do it, the owner would get an earful and get to talk to the police. I have had the game warden and sheriffs tell me to shot the dog. highdesertranger

Abrin said:
Not tight. Jack Russell Terriers are known for their boldness. Pain is just not a deterrent to them.

My dog has jumped out of a car window once once while we were stopped and standing talking to someone just outside the car with his collar and leash on in order to be 'closer to us'. He would of hung himself if I wouldn't of been there to catch him in time.

My DIL had a JRT. Happy, smart, loyal. When we dog-sat it while they were on vacation, I was ready to take it to the taxidermist. That dog still would have been jumping and running 6 months after his appointment. Way, way too much energy.

A lot of dogs are untrained because their owners simply don't know how or won't take the time.
Dogs will almost train themselves once they get into the routine , they want to please their master more than anything.

Latest posts