PBS Newshour - The real world of 'Nomadland'

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travelmonkey

Reaction score
I know there are a few posts from the PBS series on nomads but I didn't see this one from about a week ago:  The real world of Nomadland 

The interview and Q&A with the Nomadland author, Jessica Bruder is good.  She gives good insight on her experiences meeting nomads, their challenges and writing her book.  Although I wasn't a fan of the book, she seems very genuine and cares about this community, and I enjoyed watching this video.  I'm going to make an effort to watch the movie next.

I pretty much like it all by PBS. I enjoyed that segment. Thanks for posting it.

I notice on YT that you can buy or rent the movie if you have an account.

Since I missed it at the local theater I may go that route.

Read the book a couple of years ago but the movie is now a 'must see'.

Slow2day you can see it on Hulu. They have a free join up and you can then just cancel.

WanderingRose said:
Interesting video.

I’m still absorbing that we’re all “a thing”, that more and more others want to be and do.  :blush:
It is a "thing" and quite honestly, it is not a new "thing".. but most of society follows the unwritten rules of society..

Cammalu said:
Slow2day you can see it on Hulu. They have a free join up and you can then just cancel.

Thanks. I just signed up last night.