Parts Catalog and/or Repair Manual

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanTalk00

Reaction score
Does anyone know where or how to get repair manual/ parts catalogs for RAM vans?

I'm thinking of something like a [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Haynes or Chilton's for a ProMaster City.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It sure would help in visualizing what I'm getting into.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My immediate need is to figure out what's underneath the side panel posts behind the driver's seat to avoid getting in the way of the side air bags - or even where the side air bags are located etc.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jim[/font]

Haynes and Chilton tend to be rather superficial maintenance information.  Mitchell manuals are best for mechanical and computer diagnostics.  The Mitchell will have component locator diagrams so you can find certain things that may include what you're looking for,  but they don't go into much detail on how the body is assembled.  For body construction details and exploded part diagrams I'd ask around at a body shop or dealer parts counter.  They typically have diagrams used for estimating, parts ordering, order of installation, etc.  See if they'll do you a solid and let you look at the diagrams and/or print for you.  They might even let you talk to a body tech who has worked on that model.

to tell you the truth I too prefer paper manuals, but if you hit a snag what are you going to do? ALLDATA would always find the info you needed but like I said I have only used the professional not the DIY version. highdesertranger

Old habits die hard, first thing I do when I get a new to me vehicle is search and buy the factory manual. If not for myself for the mechanic.

highdesertranger said:
I like ALLDATA and have used them before.  the professional service is excellent but I have never used the DIY version.

This looks like the most economical solution.  The DIY is worth a try for $30/year - can get refund within 10 days.

Thanks!

Latest posts