Just bought a 1990 P30 Chevy Stepvan, where do I get parts and a repair manual?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BastardSysop

Reaction score
Just picked up a used 1990 Chevy P30 Stepvan thats partly converted with solar, mostly good shape, Has some broken items I'd like to get fixed first, but I cant find a manual for parts, and don't know the name of some of the parts. (Not a mechanic) Finding information on this van is hard.

pics @

Few issues I need to fix first.

* The door latch on the passenger side is missing a spring or something, and I have to flip it open to slide the door shut.  Dont know the technical term for the door latch parts.

* Driver side window wont roll up, but I should be able to take that apart and replace the broken parts.

* Already broke the turn signal in the steering column, bought a new one to put in. 

* Inside Heater was disconnected, no idea if its broken yet.

* Speedometer is broken, Picked up a GPS unit for now, was using my phone, until I start working on the dash. (others controls work fine)

* Missing an L bracket on the drivers side windshield wiper, I used a couple zip ties for now through the bolt existing bolt holes, worked. 

Already seen a mechanic, v8 gas engine just needs a tune up, scheduling that after I get the turn signal working again. 

Thanks any help on resources,

Welcome to the stepvan crew! I have the same model van as you, just a 1993 and diesel with driver door. Your first place you need to look is Millsupply. Make an account, put them on speed dial, add to your favorites, they will be your new best friend. They can sell you all the replacement parts to fix your door latch, driver window, cab heater, and wipers. Your steering column is a GM product. They used that same steering column for decades in everything from Cadillacs to Suburbans to Jeeps. All those parts are pretty interchangeable as well. Any auto store can help you with that, but you're better off finding an old school parts place that has books instead of computers and doesn't need to ask you if the car is a 2 door or a 4 door when you're just trying to buy wiper blades. Speedometer is also GM stuff. Is it cable or electronic speedometer setup? Good luck, and post more photos!

Mill supply has some parts for it.. I got Front brake hoses from them.
Question. do you have (auto-park brake assembly on rear of transmission?)
keebler in Va.