Just bought a 1990 P30 Chevy Stepvan, where do I get parts and a repair m

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BastardSysop

Reaction score
Just picked up a used 1990 Chevy P30 Stepvan thats partly converted with solar, mostly good shape, Has some broken items I'd like to get fixed first, but I cant find a manual for parts, and don't know the name of some of the parts. (Not a mechanic) Finding information on this van is hard.

pics @ https://imgur.com/a/xWOi313

Few issues I need to fix first.

* The door latch on the passenger side is missing a spring or something, and I have to flip it open to slide the door shut.  Dont know the technical term for the door latch parts.

* Driver side window wont roll up, but I should be able to take that apart and replace the broken parts.

* Already broke the turn signal in the steering column, bought a new one to put in. 

* Inside Heater was disconnected, no idea if its broken yet.

* Speedometer is broken, Picked up a GPS unit for now, was using my phone, until I start working on the dash. (others controls work fine)

* Missing an L bracket on the drivers side windshield wiper, I used a couple zip ties for now through the bolt existing bolt holes, worked. 

Already seen a mechanic, v8 gas engine just needs a tune up, scheduling that after I get the turn signal working again. 

Thanks any help on resources,

Mills supplies google them they have all parts step van, a lot of parts are available from any parts store, you have to know what chassis you have 1/2 , 3/4, 1, or 3 ton, dually or single rear wheel. They likely won’t have body parts , however Mills supply will, but all else napa or other local parts stores, you will have to know the engine size as well. Good luck

If its a Grumman Body, you will probably have to find somebody that deals with Grumman body parts.

https://www.millsupply.com will have most of what you need, I have that same issue with the passenger door latch on my "95 P30, I wonder if it's a thing...
Congrats on taking the plunge, I'm just starting out with a 15' P30 with Grumman body, and it's very intimidating and exciting.

Plethora of guns will be YOUR fast friends

looks to be a Grumman Routestar you've got there

Grumman builds good stepvans.

as others have posted, Mill Supply will have nearly everything you'll need to get yer rig squared awqay.
If not them, then try your local junkyard. (I Love a good junkyard!!)

If you hit any snags on your build, just post it up on here.
There's lots of information on this board, and someone will have an idea to help get you where you need to go.