Part time income, 15 minutes a week.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm, may have to change the thread title to 'Full Time Income, a few hours a week'. Got another adult sized bike and 4 metal frame outdoor Christmas ornaments last night. Might be worth getting a storage unit for things and spending some time looking for these things instead of what is just basically delivered to my front door :)

Well, had a chat with my Dad, and it caused a light bulb to go off. He basically said that I am good at finding really good deals and then flipping them so that is what I should do. Thinking about it, I was planning on finding a scooter or motorcycle to flip but talking to my wife, it made much more sense to start small.

I went to Craigslist and found a listing selling tons of stuff in good condition for only $25. I emailed the Seller and was advised I was the only person that had responded. I set a time to see the items the next day.

My Wife and I rode over and were blown away at the items. There were a ton of vintage toys (from the early fifties!), old Disney records, vintage art, cell phones, record players!

I'm glad I sent the email. Here is the first video documenting some of the vintage toys from the group:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is getting ridiculous. Found an adult ten speed bike, excellent condition, child size rocker from Cracker Barrel, a nice jug type cooler, two large unopened bags of those foam rubber letter floor mats and a golf bag in excellent shape. All in the last four days.

So, it took me a while to get going but in one week, I have brought in more income than when I was working full time at a high stress job for the State. I'd estimate this has taken about four hours.

Where I live it's the opposite. No one through a away anything that can be sold There are dumpster guy driving around and finding stuff to get and sell.

in rural places like here its so spread out and few throw things away. most stuff gets burned or taken to a consignment/thrift store. but when i lived in a baltimore apt there was a truck sized dumpster for large items, filled with furniture etc. werent supposed to pick it but when rental office closed it was a free for all lol