Painting quote

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonflyinthesky

Reaction score
This is a little painting I did of a Katrina Mayers quote with my art. Feel free to copy and print and use for your personal use. I am trying to get permission to use the quote on another painting I have prepared for it and haven't heard back from her yet. Hopefully she will let me use it so I may make cards and prints with it. If it doesn't copy well from here, pm me and I will send a better resolution.<br>Click the little picture to enlarge it.<br><strong><span style="color: #ff00ff;">Dragonfly<br><br><span style="color: #000000;">edit 1, this is the prototype but I think it turned out okay.</span></span></strong>

Attachments

• watermark.jpg
    watermark.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 8
Very nice, Diane! Love the sentiment. Now I am going to have to go look&nbsp;for more of Mayers' work!

I wrote the the author yesterday and already received a letter back. How kind of her to allow me to use her words. &nbsp;Her web site is on the bottom and she is an inspirational speaker.<br><br><span style="color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">Hi Diane!</span><div style="color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp;</div><div style="color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">Thank you for emailing me.<br><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">Yes, that is my quote and you're welcome to use it on your artwork. Several people have included my quotes (with my name) on their photos and paintings. I'm honored to have my words used this way.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">I've attached the original poster I created with this quote.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">Wishing you a beautiful day!</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">Katrina</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12pt;">p.s. If you do use it, I'd love to see it!<br></span><br><br><span style="color: #8c0095; font-family: Tahoma; font-size: x-large;"><strong><em>Katrina Mayer</em></strong></span><div style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><strong><span style="font-size: large;"><a style="color: #1155cc;" href="http://www.katrinamayer.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.katrinamayer.com</a></span></strong></div></div></div>

Absolutely beautiful Diane.&nbsp; Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

I've been busy and haven't made the art to go with this yet. &nbsp;I'm envisioning a similar simple background with a bird exiting a birdcage. Not flying straight out, but exiting with a look backwards.