Pack Rat Campfire?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:angel: Little puppy foo foo went running through the campsite
scooping up the pack rats and bopping them on the head. :D

lol!

Update:

Took my van to local Dodge dealer for 112K checkup and 'mystery fire' investigation.   Service department manger stated they could not find any obvious cause (damaged wire, burn damage,etc.).   They believe it still could have been burning nest debris--or a piece of burning material that got pulled into the engine compartment off the road.   I never saw any such material (on freeway) so it's looking more like Mr. Packrat was starting to setup shop.

Hope to borrow or rent  HDR's 'packrat eating dog' on my next venture down south. :D

I hope the problem is No-More. I have a Dodge B250. I can't see any way smoke could get from the engine, under the dog house, to the cabin vents. If that happened I would be concerned with possibility of exhaust, gasoline or oil fumes getting to the cabin.

reminds me of the time we were heading for the races, and old Large Marge started to fill up with smoke. pulled to the shoulder and you've never seen 6 people exit so fast. I went and pulled the engine cover and flames were coming up the drivers side. sprayed it with the extinguisher and found a bunch of acorns were cooking away on the top of the exhaust manifold. (440 eng) charred the distributor wires and 2 spark plug wires. 20 minutes and a bit of electrical tape and we were back on our way towing the race car. coming home that night the headlights started getting a mite dim. barely got home and was running the park lights the last couple of miles. Turned out the alt. wires were burned off too.
None of this helps you, :s  but, it just popped into my head. I kinda miss ole Large Marge. :)

Attachments

• Marge.jpg
    Marge.jpg
    51.5 KB