P35 Customized Step Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinspirit

Reaction score
:huh:  WE have purchased and are refining th einterior to suit our needs. But Im sure we are going to have ongoing questions. For one, Insurance....  and secondly, registration in Calif.

She is 1972, and the Ford 351M wqs bunk, so we are replacing with a remanufactired 351M, New Clutch, Radiator, and well, a bunch of stuff. We are perplexed about the rear and rear side windows, they are single piece, no slide, so ventilation is a concern. WE removed the A/C unit on the roof, and replaced with one of the smart fans. (im in Calif and the Van is in Alabama... so I have yet to put my hands on it). We dont know whether to go commercial and use it in conjunction with our Partnership business, including logo etc... or try and register it as personal RV and still use it accordingly. Then there is the whole insurance headache. I want to carry only what is required, absolute minimum. But who? It seems who ever we contact wants to turn this whole thing into a VooDoo cant insure it, w t hell people. What insurance companies are suggested? I will transfer all of my vehjicles to a single carrier. If GEICO wont do it, I am done with GEICO.... who do I call? ALl help and suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 36
If you go back in Bob Wells' videos he interviewed a fellow dweller who sells insurance. And gives his contact info at the end. Hope it helps you out.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the CRVL forums spinspirit! I can't help you with your questions but that is a cool step van!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Beeps and eats said:
If you go back in Bob Wells' videos he interviewed a fellow dweller who sells insurance. And gives his contact info at the end. Hope it helps you out.

do you know which video? He has a new channel, and most of his vids are being transfered over...... had a falling out with whoever he had his videos hosted with. Link would be appreciated, thanks

i can't really offer much help on the registration insurance/issue. other than i have seen discussions about getting commercial vehicals re-titled as recreational if they meet the states requirements. normally requirements may include things like needing to have a bed fridge or certain other specified amenities to qualify to be re-titled as a recreational vehicle. requirements may be different from state to state and will likely require a inspection and other hoops to jump threw.

mostly im just posting to say that step van is freaking awesome.

Here is the information from cheap rv living about insurance,. Joe Burkley Behling insurance. Ph# 801-647-1389
Hope he can help you out with your needs.

Just a quick note, he is a full time RV,er and works remotely. So if anyone can help, he can.

here is a video on how to get step van insurance... hope it helps:

Latest posts