Overnight Stops Along I-70

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfessorChaos

Reaction score
I was wondering about overnight stops along I-70 and what places allowed overnight parking. I know the rest area in Eagle, Colorado allows overnight parking and have heard Edwards allows overnight parking and even has a dump station. Any others members here know of?

I know it may feel a tad awkward to some but finding larger Hotels may work as they don't REALLY keep track of vehicles in the parking lots too often. Since you aren't going to be sticking around for more than 18hrs I don't see it as being too much of an issue. Be safe out there.

I stayed at an OHV area about 5 miles from the Interstate in Rifle recently. The OHV isn't super heavy workdays and the area is otherwise beautiful. It is a bit trashed. I returned via Hwy 50/Gunnison and stayed at a similar spot that had been cleaned up very well, lots of multiple use including hikers and mountain bikers, plus some awesome designated dispersed sites.

I've overnighted at the truck stop on the west end of Green River UT. But even better, there are boondocking areas south of I-70 as you go over the San Rafel Swell, west of Green River. And there's another truck stop at Salina UT.

There are park & ride lots at Exit 259 west of Denver.

I have been by the park & ride lot by exit 259 but have never parked there.