Outback's new MPPT charge controllers!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Dejo

Reaction score
Outback charge controllers have been a leader in MPPT technology and are proven to be well made charge controllers.  Now they have in their product line up a new series of MPPT charge controllers made especially for RV and Marine applications.  There are two models, one is 10 amp and the other is 20 amp.   Northern Arizona Wind and Sun has them at a price lower than Amazon, and there is a 5% off promotion going on now.

Here is the link to the 10 amp version: Outback at No AZ sun and wind

Two outstanding features of these new controllers are:

1.  Less than 5ma standby power consumption/99.5% efficiency

2.  Operating temperature far exceeds lesser brands at -40 degrees F. to 140 degrees F.  It does get cold/hot in vans, so this is a big plus.

I just ordered the 10 amp version for an RV using a Kyocera 150 watt 12v panel, and with the discount the price was $73.00.

Quality MPPT performance at PWM prices.

In this one as well as other controllers, are the stages pre set or adjustable?

I assume they are not...????

I'll have to spend more time looking at their specs but it may replace the Eco-worthy 20a MPPT as my recommendation for a single 24v panel if it has better control over the absorb stage and a equalization mode. It is interesting how they list the max Voc as 100v when anything over 85v causes the controller to shut down to protect itself.

It is nice to see more manufactures recognizing the smaller market.

Pretty hard to beat solar Blvd 140w @ 17vmp mono for $105.

I've got two of those Solar Cynergy 140 watt solar Blvd panels. They crank out 14 amps with good sun (not right overhead yet, this time of year). In Tucson right now.

The company was a dream to work with. When I had a question, the tech support guy even offered to make me a video. But I was able to email photos and got it fixed. My ignorance, not any problem with the panels.

SternWake said:
there are only two options as to charge voltage though unless one also gets the 'interface' to adjust.
I bet NAWS or another seller would ship adjusted to your spec.

stern, i have the FLEXmax 80 mppt CC and its infinitely adjustable. but i find the default settings work really well with my rolls 560s

Latest posts