OK I Chickened out BUT?????

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viewon1

Reaction score
Well Later today I am going to look at a 1993 20ft Motorhome with 29,000 Miles in perfect condition I was told --I will check for leaks ect --but thanks for all your input on a Motorhome i was to look at this past weekend had 100.000 miles on it and needed work but was cheaper ---So I will let you know if i get this one tomorrow or not --He is asking MUCH more then I have --so maybe he will come down to my price (I HOPE SO ) Excited and Nervous at the same time >>>

A 93 with so few miles could mean it's done a lot of sitting. Buyer beware!!!

Welcome to the forum...

93 with 29000 miles: CAUTION

That's an old rv that's been sitting way too much... dry deals, gaskets, motor, transmission, roof, A/C, and on and on.

I hope you have LOTS of $$$ for many repairs and expect 8 mpg or less.

I rather have one with high miles at least it's been lubricated well for years. If you don't believe me, ask around.

I'm not negative... I just spent a fortune on one. I was one glad guy the day someone drove it away.

Welcome

We are inclined to think high miles=bad, but if an older Diesel engine with 100,000 miles many would say it is just getting broken in.

Any really older engine and rig, tho, like a 28 year old 1993 motorhome, is likely to offer up rather costly periodic maintenance and repair costs, just as the nature of the beast.

You’re not only maintaining the engine and those working parts, but the internal RV systems such as water, electricity, batteries, refrigerator, etc.

If you need something much more reliable, and less likely to cost you money, go newer is my recommendation, and if you can’t afford that go smaller, as in a tent.

My two cents, having a Class B for 12 years and a 25 year old Class C, otherwise known as the money pit, before that. :)

I bought a 1993 3 years ago with only 50,000 miles on it. It has been great! The drive train is in excellent condition and has no leaks or problems like others may suggest. I have put about $3000 into tires, suspension and brakes. Other than that it cruises great. Every rig is different as to wear and how it was cared for. Good luck in your search

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk