Ok experts and experienced. Need you.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanInaBox

Reaction score
I got a local GMC dealer to come down to 29999.99 OUT THE DOOR for a 2019 Savanna 2500 extended 6cyl. That has the locking dif.... should I jump on it?

I’m looking for new because I want it to be my last new vehicle.

Tell me why I should or why I shouldn’t. I’m open to it all.

Thank you!

First, you didn't specify the mileage. In any case ... No, get a V8. You'll be glad you did by time you get it loaded. (just my opinion). And make sure it has the 6 speed transmission, which will improve the mileage.

In my case, in 2017 I bought a used 2016 GMC Savana, 4.8L V8, regular length with 16,000 miles on it for $22,000. It gets 18 MPG overall and 20 MPG on the highway. It has a "lot" of pickup for passing Class-As on 2 lane roads. Ok, in truth, I went the extra distance and paid $24,000 because I got it certified, meaning the dealer did a through inspection, and it has a 2 1/2 year bumper-to-bumper warranty, still in effect.

I don't know where you live, but you should check out cargurus in your local area to get a good comparison between vehicles. I put in LA's zipcode.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...SelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d618&zip=90001

This one sounds like your vehicle and it's going for $23,500.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...y=d618&zip=90001#listing=259525536_isFeatured

I also recommend a V8. My minivan has a 6 cylinder and it struggles in the mountains empty (well, except me). My E150 V8 5L fully loaded for full time living zipped right over Monarch Pass, Red Mountain Pass, and every other big one in the US.

A 2500 with a 6 cylinder? I believe that will be under-powered.

Double check on that....and look for a V-8 in the full size vans.

Ok. Thanks to all. I thought the same thing after doing the dance and that’s why I didn’t jump on it.

So find a Chevy or GMC with a V8 is the consensus.

You all are the best!

Thank you!