Ohio Turnpike

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motrukdriver

Reaction score
If you find yourself in Northern Ohio and need a place to park and a free shower all the service plazas along the turnpike have free showers except (I think, but it might be updated by now) the travel plaza closest to the Ohio/PA border.  Hopping on the turnpike between exits with a travel plaza in between might be cheap enough to check out.  I believe they also have washers and dryers.  They all have food but it's travel plaza prices so a tad expensive.

Motrukdriver said:
If you find yourself in Northern Ohio and need a place to park and a free shower all the service plazas along the turnpike have free showers except (I think, but it might be updated by now) the travel plaza closest to the Ohio/PA border.  Hopping on the turnpike between exits with a travel plaza in between might be cheap enough to check out.  I believe they also have washers and dryers.  They all have food but it's travel plaza prices so a tad expensive.

Wow, free showers!  I think it would be worth the trip if in the area!

Free as in you can drive there and park and take a shower. But you do have to pay to exit the turnpike and exits are between 20 and 30 miles apart.
I agree, if your traveling across Ohio it may be worth while to jump-on for an overnight and use the above mentioned amenities.

Good post Motrukdriver.

My 2¢

Matlock said:
Free as in you can drive there and park and take a shower. But you do have to pay to exit the turnpike and exits are between 20 and 30 miles apart.
I agree, if your traveling across Ohio it may be worth while to jump-on for an overnight and use the above mentioned amenities.

Good post Motrukdriver.

My 2¢

I used to drive through the entire turnpike from Chicago to Erie area on a continual basis.  The turnpike was the way to go and I was paying for it anyway.  I might as well grab a shower when I do that trek next time.  I had no idea they had showers.  I noticed that more and more rest areas are getting wifi though.

Latest posts