Odd Astro

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only been in an Astro once. I do not recall a box like that between the seats. Different year? What struck me as strange is that they drove it off their lot and then removed the plates before taking pictures.

The box up front certainly looks retrofitted. I guess you're talking about the windows? Looks like a passenger van from one side and cargo from the other.

It looks like a telephone truck with the windows on one side.  I used to drive older ones that were configured this way back in the day.  The side without windows is where bins would have been normally.  The ones I drove were normally short trips, not the highway miles the seller claims.  The ones I drove did not have A/C but if I did have one that had A/C, it would have idled a lot so I would have a cool cabin to climb back into.  I did let them idle in the Winter for heat though.

The bin between the seats is probably for secure tool storage.

Yea, that's just one that's been special ordered from the factory...like B&C said, it was probably from a fleet for some large company like a telephone company.

I like it with the solid wall on the drivers' side, gives you the whole wall to play with for cabinets instead of having to deal with windows.

The only downside is the sliding cargo door - hate those things, they never stay where you put them unless you're dead level and not even then sometimes.